American Idol Forum Forum Index

<  American Idol Season 8 Forum  ~  Why I think Kris Allen Won, Even tough Adam is better

angelina
Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Here are the reasons: why I think Kris Allen Won, Even tough I think Adam Lambert is much better and deserved the crown.

1- Kris Allen got all the conservative votes, because he is Christian and married. On the other hand Adam Lambert is gay, so many conservatives did not vote for him.

2- Kris is from Arkansas. 5 past American Idol winners have been from the south. For some reason it seems more people from the south watch the show and vote, than other states.

3- Many girls think Kris Allen is cute. I have been watching comments like this on Twitter for months..."I liked that cute guy with the guitar." We all know looks matter.

4- Many Adam fans thought Adam will win, so they did not bother voting. On the other hand many Kris fans, thought he was gonna loose so they voted multiple times.

5- Danny Gokey fans, who hated Adam, all voted for Kris.
Tinman5751
Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote
Ok, so here's the thing. I'm not from America, but I have watched this season from beginning to end, and throughout the whole season I was convinced from the start that Adam was going to win, because true talent is noticed at the very beginning. But I was also sceptical because, although I'm not from America, I knew for a fact that many people in America and thorughout the world are homophobes so they just refuse to vote for true talent, instead they vote for the "other guy who just looks hetero enough to win" just to spite the "other guy who isn't hetero enough to win but is in fact ny far a better artist then the hetero guy". So yeah I agree with your thread 100% that this was the most unfair American Idol season ever. In my honest opinion I thought Kris wasn't even gonna make it to the top 6. So let's face the facts shall we: Kris Allen is a mediocre singer, he can't reach high notes, and his voice isn't that much impressive, so yes, he will have a single, and maybe an album, but that's just routine, he will never make it as an artist, and in my opinion, even radios in Europe (where I am from) will never launch his songs in the future. On the other hand, I don't know which path Adam will choose to take, but I'm sure that he will have many paths available to him, because he is a true artist and his voice is unique, ergo some of the top notch producers will be dying just to get a taste of Adams vocals. True artistry is just a fact like many others, and no America you can't vote against him this time, because he will make it as a true artist whether you like it or not, becuase the only thing you can do to prevent this from happening is...wait for it...NOTHING!
NatsumiSaito
Posted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote
I agree with you guys too. Kris is just a mediocre singer who plays a guitar EVERY single time he performs. People are too biased on looks when it comes to voting for the winner. Adam doesnt even look bad at all! And lets not forget, this t.v. show is about SINGING people!! Not LOOKS!!! If voters want to vote about looks that badly, go watch the America's Next Top Model or something. Don't start spamming votes on a cute guitarist who can only sing the basic notes! It's ridiculous how the human race is the smartest of all races yet at the same time, the dumbest of all animal species.
Tinman5751
Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Hehe, totally agree with you Wink Next season they should make judges decide who stays and who goes, cus' the whole public voting thing has completely lost its original purpose!